Thursday, November 10, 2016

Training with Jared at the LAB

With the goal of cycling across the U.S. in 2018, I have been training with Jared Ellison, owner of the LAB in Folsom, since May 2016.  On Thursday mornings he sets me up to a course on the trainer and I ride.  Jared has me work on various aspects of cycling from building strength to building endurance.  In just a few months I have increased my power by 15% which makes me feel great.  I feel stronger than I've felt in years.



I also train at home twice a week with a workout that Jared has designed for me on my stationary bike. With the workouts on my home exercise bike I also work on my core doing floor exercises.

On Fridays, we meet at the LAB and go on outdoor rides.  These are listed on Meetup.

Starting in January 2017, I will be increasing how much I train.  I also may be doing a weekend training in Soquel working on hills.

It is so exciting to see my progress and feel so great!  I know that I can reach my goals thanks to the help of Jared and the encouragement of my family and friends.

Learn more about my story of recovery from PTSD and Adrenal Fatigue.



No comments:

Post a Comment