Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Dinosaur


Working out at the LAB is all the latest in cycling training.  At my house, well, I work out on The Dinosaur.  Twice a week I do a workout on this old beast.  I even had to buy make shift straps to hold my feet on the pedals.  My friend Mary gave it to me because the batteries always fell out.  I fixed that by buying a power cord that plugs into the back of the control panel.

It took Jared and me a few weeks to figure out how to translate the old resistance levels to create a good workout for me.  But he's come up with some really good ones that develop strength and endurance.  Jared emails me the workouts because I have only been going to the LAB (which is 45 minutes away) 2x a week.

Example workout: 10 min WU.  1@8min, 1@9min, 1@10min, 1@11min, at R7, one min. rest between.  Increase personal difficulty level with 1=6, 2=7, 3=8, 4=9.  10 min CD

The biggest problem I have with working out at home is that I get really bored, can think of lots of other things I could be doing, and it's sort of lonely.  However, I am dedicated to my cause and know if I don't workout nothing will happen.  So, this old Dinosaur and I are going to pedal along.

No comments:

Post a Comment